Monday, November 25, 2013

Thanksgiving=Peace

 
Our TURKEY!

I read a really great devotional this morning, that inspired my soul to Google the word thanksgiving in scripture which then let me to ask i phone Siri how many times thanks appeared in the bible ...73 times, thanksgiving 27 times and other versions of thankfulness 12 times... so a total of 112 times thankfulness is talked about in the bible... to me that means God takes thankfulness as a pretty important word!  
  
For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,  because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. 

I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

1 Thessalonians 5:18

give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

In the devotion it said a truly thankful person is a peaceful person. 
They have made it a habit no matter what to notice, pause, and choose. 
Can you imagine if you were able to stop and be thankful in any circumstance. It's a choice to acknowledge being thankful is a reminder of God's presence in us and focusing on allowing God's presence will unleash his powerful peace within you. 
Will you in the upcoming weeks ahead pause, notice, and choose to be thankful?? 
So many times thanksgiving is talked about in the bible with very difficult situations like Daniel and Jonah... their hearts turned to thanksgiving. The bible even says that when we are to feel anxious we should pray with thanksgiving. Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything but in everything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your request to God. 7 and the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  
With a perspective change of being thankful continuously throughout the day. .. 
God can transform our hearts to focus on the good things and in return we will have peace. 
Wow, not brain science will you join me in praying and giving thanks daily? 
here is a beautiful prayer given in my devotion
Dear Lord, will You help me notice things for which I can be thankful in each circumstance I face today? Will You help me remember to pause and acknowledge this as evidence of Your presence? And will You help me remember to choose to focus on Your presence until Your powerful peace rushes into my heart and helps me see everything more clearly? Thank You for the reality that being thankful changes everything. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Also, I know I have mentioned it before but I just can't say enough of good things about the book 
One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
 here's the blog, it so inspiring
    

Let's all make the choice of being thankful 
because our eyes will then fully see what cuteness beauty that is around us. 

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi Heidi! I'm Heather and I was hoping you would be willing to answer my question I have about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)